Friday, July 23, 2010

Happy Graduation

My little sister graduated from high school in June. I still have a hard time believing she is 18 (she’s still 3 in my head…okay maybe 8 but definitely not old enough to start college next month). She’s headed to the one school I loathe. Yuck. I have told her she can transfer after a year and I’d even help her move. The colors of that particular school are maroon and orange (double yuck).

I couldn’t stand the thought of her being surrounded by so much ick so I made her a small quilt for the end of her bed. A little something to cover her while she studies or to cover the junk in her dorm room…whatever she needs! I chose blue and grey, something far far away from maroon and orange! And, as it turns out, that’s exactly what she chose as her bedding. Perfect!

I used this tutorial from the Missouri Star Quilt Company. It was very quick and I loved the outcome. All of the fabric came from JoAnn's.

No comments:

Post a Comment