Monday, July 26, 2010

Hello Betty!

Last year, after discovering Moda fabrics, I fell in love with the Hello Betty Retro line. I may have become a little obsessed…especially when I discovered that once a line is sold out, it’s gone. Forever. So I hoarded all of the precuts I bought. Then I searched and searched for yardage. And I hoarded that too.

I finally untied a jelly roll to do an Old Red Barn Co quilt along. It felt good to use some of the fabric but even just that little bit hurt to leave my stash. When I decided to give it to my momma for Christmas, I knew it would be in good hands and was glad to share that fabric love with her.

Spring rolled around and I was ready to use some more of the precious Hello Betty. I had 2 charm packs of the entire line and used them (and some yardage!) to create the patchwork lap quilt in my header.

And I didn’t stop there! I took a layer cake, and using a Moda Bake Shop tutorial, created this fun oversized lap quilt.

I used it as an altar covering for a Contemporary worship service at Annual Conference (symbolizing the old and new coming together to create something special) and then gifted it to one of my closest friends who had just had surgery.

I’m slowly working my way through my Hello Betty stash and enjoying the fabric all over again! Gotta make room for my next obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment